The service area of Aspirus Medford Hospital & Clinics is primarily Taylor, Price, and parts of Clark and Marathon Counties. Aspirus Medford is a not-for-profit, primary care health care organization. The hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission and is a Critical Access Hospital with 24/7 onsite emergency room physicians. Aspirus Medford ranks among the TOP 100 Critical Access Hospitals in the nation as identified by iVantage Health Analytics! There are 1,300 critical access hospitals in the United States.
In addition to the 25-bed hospital, Aspirus Medford includes:
- A Specialist Clinic in Medford for: Cardiologists (heart), Oncologists (cancer), Ophthalmologists (eyes), Orthopedic Surgeons (bones & joints), Otolaryngologists (ear, nose & throat), Nephrologists (kidney), Urologists (bladder & prostate), and many others
- Aspirus Heart & Vascular – Medford Campus
- Kidney Care (Dialysis Center)
- Primary Care/Family Medicine Clinics in Athens, Gilman, Medford, Phillips, Prentice, and Rib Lake
- Birthing Center
- OB-GYN (a woman’s specialist)
- Walk-In Clinic in Medford
- FastCare Clinic in Abbotsford
- Aspirus MedEvac Paramedics
- Aspirus Pharmacy – Medford
- Therapy & Fitness Centers with experts in: Physical Therapy, Athletic Training, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Nutrition Therapy, Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
- Public Fitness Center & Gym in Medford
- A Continuum of Senior Care Services from assisted living, to short and long-term skilled nursing care, to restorative nursing services
Aspirus Medford Hospital & Clinics is part of the Aspirus health system. The system serves people in 14 Wisconsin counties plus the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It includes affiliated hospitals, pharmacies, critical care and helicopter transport services, nursing homes and hospice care, an affiliated physician network, a research foundation, and an extensive network of clinics.